To access the Forging options go to the Forge, Tower of Nature, or Tower of Souls and click the "Forge" button. Forging is currently limited to items include in the "Rise of the Guilds" expansion released on June 3, 2010
Each forging attempt costs 2000 gold, as well as various materials included in Forging Packages and Hephaestus' Packages. Forging Packages can be obtained by farming 7★-10★ Monsters and 6★-11★ Treasures, as well as doing Guild Instances and the Tower of Babel. Hephaestus' Packages can only be acquired from completing certain daily tasks. Forging Packages and Hephaestus' Packages drop various items that can be used to upgrade equipment stats.
Each Forging Package has a chance to drop:
- Demsteel* 1 - needed to raise ATK equipment stat
- Dragonscale* 1 - needed to raise DEF equipment stat
- Felfeather* 1 - needed to raise SPD equipment stat
- Arcancore* 1 - needed to raise INT equipment stat
Each Hephaestus' Package has a chance to drop:
- Demsteel* 5 - needed to raise ATK equipment stat
- Dragonscale* 5 - needed to raise DEF equipment stat
- Felfeather* 5 - needed to raise SPD equipment stat
- Arcancore* 5 - needed to raise INT equipment stat
- Magic Anvil* 1 - raises forging success by 25% on the next forging attempt (low chance to drop)
- Sacred Charm* 1 - prevents equipment attribute degradation on the next forging attempt (low chance to drop)
Each item requires (1 + number of previous successful forges) forging materials. Forging an attribute for the first time will always consume one forging material. Attempting to forge the same attribute after it has been successfully forged six times will cost seven forging materials. In theory, with 10 successful forging attempts and no failures, it would cost 55 forging materials of the same type to completely forge one attribute on a single piece of equipment. Note, however, that if a forging attempt fails, the forging materials are lost, just as they would be if the forging attempt succeeded.
Every attribute on a piece of equipment can be forged up to 10 times. The ranges are:
- Equipment with 1-19 in a single attribute get 1 bonus point per successful forge.
- Equipment with 20-39 in a single attribute get 2 bonus points per successful forge.
- Equipment with 40-59 in a single attribute get 3 bonus points per successful forge.
- Equipment with 60+ in a single attribute get 4 bonus points per successful forge.
One piece of equipment can be successfully forged up to 40 times, with a maximum of 10 forgings for each individual attribute. An unsuccessful forging attempt does not take away from maximum forging potential.
Note that forging an item enough times to move it into the next attribute bracket will not increase the number of forging stats you obtain on subsequent attempts.
As the number of successful forging attempts on a single attribute increases, the chance that the next forging attempt will be successful decreases. Without a Sacred Charm, failure will always remove 1 forging level, so several failures can reduce an attribute bonus to 0. There are two items that are useful as the chance of successfully forging decreases:
- Magic Anvil - raises forging success by 25% on the next forging attempt
- Sacred Charm - prevents equipment attribute degradation on the next forging attempt
These items only drop from Hephaestus' Packages, and are consumed upon use.
Forging Success PercentagesEdit
The following success and failure rates have been observed for each level of forging attempted. The first forging attempt is level one.
|Forge Level||Success/Total||Success Rate|
|1||51/51 successful||Success rate 100%|
|2||70/81 successful||Success rate 86.42%|
|3||102/126 successful||Success rate 80.95%|
|4||90/148 successful||Success rate 60.81%|
|5||54/111 successful||Success rate 48.65%|
|6||25/53 successful||Success rate 47.17%|
|7||6/22 successful||Success rate 27.27%|
|8||0/5 successful||Success rate 0%|
Note that all these percentages are estimates, and more testing is necessary to improve the estimates.
from pan server blades guild's holic - i suggest that forging probability calcilated by following math
im pretty sure that im guessed it right till +7 but for +8-+10 there much much lower chances not sure who much lower
i dont get success from +8 till +9 in 14 atempts(and sereg also tryed 6 times +8 till +9 with same result) so in 20 atempts 0 result